Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The 365 Project - Day 42



When I see this picture, all I can think of is that I am somewhat of a self-fulfilling prophet. I told myself when I found out what Dean's List was back in 2006, that I would be on it before I graduate, and I was actually able to do this. This is a cool feeling.

I am trying to get everything sorted out with my school work and such. It's my last semester and it is keeping me on my toes, I just don't get it. Well that's life as they say.

I am going through some things in my head, and remembering things that people said to me today as words of advice. I am not taking enough pictures. My friend Jacob, who reads my blog wanted to see pictures from this past weekend when I was with my dad in Indiana. I really should devote my time to taking as many pictures as possible this semester, since it is my last one. But between this blog, my social life, and my writing of Chronicles of Judah, some things do get left out, but I will do my best to listen to this advice.

Another thing that I enjoyed about today was what I did not but an hour ago. I have been getting big into theater, and I bought a playbill. I have 4 so far. My first one, from WICKED in New York (dated June 30, 2004) is in bad shape, but it is worth keeping. I hope to keep collecting them as I have the resources to do so. I got one from the musical version of "Dreamgirls" and it is dated 1985. It's literally as old as me :P

Anyway, here's what I promised yesterday

FLASHDEVO
1st Corinthians 2-3

Paul was teaching the people in Corinth about having faith and being grounded in it, like a foundation. If someone's foundation is not built on Christ, then they will fall apart, but the foundation that is in Christ is solid, and lasts for all time. I enjoyed being reminded that I do have this foundation, even when everything in my life says differently. I was reminded by the Lord that the Devil will twist things and make them seem bad, when life is good. Life is perfect when it's in Christ. Despite the bad things, life is always good. I also liked reading (in Ch. 3) that wisdom of the world doesn't last. In fact, the wisdom of this world is actually considered to be foolishness. Dwell on this tonight, I am off to bed...

PEACE!

No comments: