Sunday, February 7, 2010

The 365 Project - Day 26 (Super Bowl XLIV)



At last, after almost a week of seeing pictures of giant blue aliens, far off planets, an empty bed, and a package of Oreos, here are some decent human-including pictures. I am sitting in on Boyce's super bowl party, the first big student event of the semester. I am happy that I made the decision to go out to the event. I was able to make friends with someone close to home. He's been at Boyce for 2 semester, and I didn't even know him. His name is Jacob, he's the guy to the left of me in the picture, he's from Florida. Miami to be specific...It is great because I know a lot about where he's coming from, we can relate. Having grown up only an hour away from each other, there is much to that. So it's awesome.

Today I managed to finish chapter 23 and 24 of the book. I am now up to 237 pages. I cannot get over it. I feel like I am just trucking along. I have 2 more complete weeks to get to my date, and basically what that means is that all of my free time (apart from going to the gym and classes) are going to be devoted to finishing the book on time. I am debating if I really want it to be 42 chapters, but I set that goal for myself a long time ago, and I really want to stick to it. I hope that people don't get too depressed when they read it. I want to describe the book almost as a 21st century version of the book of Job. So much goes down in the story, you are left to wonder how things will happen, whether they will be good or bad.

As I watch the superbowl, I am sort of hoping that the Colts win it, but it would be great if the Saints win because of what New Orleans has been through. Hurricane Katrina was the event that got the city to see how America can come together and help out for the greater good. It won't matter to me either way, because no matter who wins, it will be a great victory, and that's the truth.

Today I ended up going to Valley View instead of LifeSong, because of the party, and it was great. Pastor Joel was wild, and his message was inspiring.
Check it out here:
http://valleyviewchurch.org/this_week/messages/

FLASHDEVO

I was finally able to do my devotions in the morning, reading Romans 3. I am so very proud of myself that my spiritual health has so greatly improved. If I can just get the physical to follow after it, I should be okay :P

There was a passage later on in the chapter (v.9-18) talking about how there is no one righteous person, NO NOT ONE. I remember this passage from a song by Caedmon's Call "Thankful", it was part of the verses in the song. It is so incredible to realize that because of sin, even the most Godly, most spiritually driven people who do their best to please their creator, they are still sinners who need the blood of Jesus. It is deep. I am really looking forward to getting deeper into this book, so look for my posts later in the week.

PEACE!

No comments: