Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The 365 Project - Day 29



So what do you do when classes are cancelled for a second day? You find a friend who has coupons for the movies and you go see AVATAR for a 4th time. Yeah, I did do that. I haven't gotten to the point with Lion King yet. It's getting close though. It was fun and it was FREE!!!!!!! I have seen AVATAR 4 times in 3D. It is officially one of my favorite movies....

Now for this picture, I always want people to see some of my interests and things like that. This is one of my favorite book series. This is the Circle Saga by Ted Dekker. I have liked my fair share of books over the years, but this is slowly topping the list as one of the best that's out there. Without giving too much of the book away, here's the synopsis.

The main character is a man named Thomas Hunter. He is running away from some loan sharks in Denver this one night, and is clipped in the side of the head by a bullet. When he wakes up, he's in this alternate reality, in which the world has been moved 2000 years into the future. I won't divulge any more of the details, so you will have to read them. And if you do read them, read them in order...

BLACK

RED

WHITE

GREEN

Tonight, I was listening on my iPod to a song with such a profound message in it. "Haven't Met You Yet" by Michael Buble. Despite being a total Frank Sinatra sounding singer, this one song has me thinking of what is coming next in my life. I used to be concerned about having a relationship, and when I would get married, and when I will meet the woman who will become my wife, and I hear this song, and even though it's not a Christian song, it is so incredible to think, God has this plan in store, and the truth is, "I just haven't met you yet".


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AJmKkU5POA

(See the music video for the song I'm talking about)

So to my future wife, whoever you are, wherever you are, if you are reading this tonight, I pray that the Lord will bless you, and that as you pray, think of me, and think of the love that God is preparing for the both of us. I don't know your name, what you look like, where you are from, what you are doing with your life at this very moment, but God does, and that's all that matters. God will teach me to love you, just as He will teach you to love me. I have no way to express my love to you but to say that Jesus loved me first, and because of his sacrifice, I have the greatest life there is. He is shaping me into the man that you want me to be, and know that I will be waiting for you my love, someday we will meet each other face to face, and recall the journey that we have spent to find one another, until then, Good night and sweet dreams.

I haven't taken much of a chance these days to write long blog entries, because I have either been preoccupied with other things, mainly, this book of mine. Chapter 27 has been a trouble point for me, and I can't seem to get out of it, but I should be through that eventually (over the weekend) and possibly well into the 30s by Monday. I have to figure out what I want to do with it. I may even decide to cut some of the chapters out. I may settle for 36 chapters and end it. I am praying about this, if it doesn't go well, then I will stick with the plan of the original 42 plus the prologue/epilogue.

FLASHDEVO

Romans 6
Today was talking about being a slave to sin, and how we have to choose to obey or to disobey, there are 2 paths, Wickedness or Righteousness. You are set free from your sins because of the blood of Jesus we are to die to our old life. We are baptized with the death of Christ, and raised to new life in him. I want to choose to follow righteousness whatever that means in my life, I will follow after the Lord in the ways of righteousness and not wickedness.

Have a very blessed night, and please keep warm,
Louisville's temps were like 16 degrees, and I think even colder with wind chill.

PEACE!

No comments: