Thursday, February 4, 2010

The 365 Project - Day 22/23





Life can sometimes get in the way as people get busier and busier, and yet (as you can see in the pictures I've taken, I am clearly managing to have a social life)
The first one (taken on Wednesday) is a typical scene in my room, of people coming to play Super Smash Brothers Brawl on my Wii...
It has become my breaks from studying, and just enjoying time with people on my hall.

The picture I took today is the ultimate goal I had with people here at school. I dedicate this photo to my good friends in Japan, the Fujino family. During the summer when I lived in Tokyo, the Fujinos would have the IMB interns over at their house to watch movies. Often times we would choose to watch the Harry Potter films, or something else, but it was just so much fun to do. So I made a sign like the ones you would typically see while you'd be around the apartment building where they lived. I am now doing a "Harry Potter Marathon". Tonight I did the 1st movie, and I am hoping to go through all 6 films by the middle of March.

FLASHDEVO

I was beginning to have anxiety because I haven't done devotions for about 4 days, and it was about time that i got back to it. I finished up Acts today (YAY!!!!) Paul finally makes it to Rome, and is put under house arrest where he writes the Prison letters (what I am about to move forward to read now). I am just amazed at how the Lord kept Paul alive through all of the trouble he went through just getting to Rome. He was ship wrecked and nearly died. And yet, through all of this God used Paul and helped him write what became one of the most significant parts of the New Testament. I have never found more encouragement, than when I sit to read the prison letters. They are one of my favorite parts of the Bible (next to Exodus) of course.

Anyway, this post goes out to all of my former co-interns who are choosing to follow their Heavenly father's will and return to Japan. Someday I will go back to Japan and I will serve there again...I am praying for that day.

God bless you all...
PEACE!

No comments: