Saturday, February 13, 2010

The 365 Project - Day 32 (Celebrating 1 Month on the air)



Again, I have come to find that I am lacking good opportunities for pictures to be taken. I was downtown in Louisville on a Saturday night, which never happens to me. There was a concert that 3 friends from Boyce were attending and I totally could have gotten that picture and I didn't do it...I need to just carry my camera and a pack of AA batteries with me at all times from now on....

Oh well.

Anyway, this was from outside 5th and Broadway, the convenience store on our campus, who was filling orders for roses for Valentine's Day (aka Singles Awareness Day). I was out most of the night with my buddy Jacob (from Miami) downtown in Louisville on Fourth Street Live. We were inside a sports bar place watching this slam dunk NBA contest thing, if that even is the official name for it. But before you get worried that you saw the word "sports bar" in a post, rest assured, I drank water and shared an order of wings and fries.

The days are truly starting to blend together. February is already halfway done, and soon enough it will be March. As a Tim Burton Fan, I am more than excited for the release of Alice in Wonderland. (Friday March 5th) I think it's going to be incredible. My family is convincing me that it will be weird because of the Tim Burton label, but I think against all of that, I think it will be brilliant, and well executed. I hope to get a big group from school to go out and see it in 3D.

My church planting internship is moving along, and I am happy to say that I have good news. Despite that the official "on paper" part of the internship ends in another 3 weeks, I think that there are a lot of bigger details to get out. I am starting to make myself known in Valley View. I spoke with the director of the lifegroup booth and have agreed to help out with 2 services on Sundays, to let people know about Lifesong, and invite them to be a part of this already existing ministry, so I can be able to attend services for a change. It's great. Plus, with the coming weeks I should be able to finish my evangelism strategy and get it out to the officials of the church.

FLASHDEVO

Starting the Trinity (Romans 9-11)

This is a significant passage in scripture. My dad used these three chapters to write his commentary, "The Heart of the Apostle", talking about Paul's heart for the people of Israel. As I read through Romans 9 today, I came across 2 verses that stuck out to me, Verses 20/21

But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?' "Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?

I feel it is important for believers to understand (I particularly have a problem with this thought) that God doesn't favor one person over another. The part of the verse, some clay for noble purposes the other for common, that could talk about 2 people who are exactly the same, live the same lives, grow up in the same place, both are on fire for the Lord, but one ends up becoming a missionary overseas, leading thousands of people to the lord, while the other person becomes an administrator in a church somewhere. Both were created by the same God, both blessed, and both faithful to the will of the Lord, but God designed one person to do something different.

I often feel like there are people who are running the same course as I am, I am finding out what it is that God is trying to use me for, but some of the people are above me. It's like I am running down a road while the other person is in a car next to me, waving as they pass me. I don't want to make it seem like I am lagging behind, but God still sees me running the race, and I think that is all that matters.

No comments: