Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The 365 Project - Day 48



Well here it is, finally! This is me, holding up the only known copy of my book, the Chronicles of Judah. If you follow me on Twitter/Facebook, you will see how long this has taken me to finish. I have worked on this book for over 3 years. It took me that long to get through it, so I will be trying my hardest to get this book published, so I just thought I would show you my accomplishment...

FLASHDEVO

1 Corinthians 9

This chapter was important for me to read, because it is showing me where I am going as a missions major, basically, the reason "why I do what I do"

This is the first part of what I took away...

(v. 22-23) I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

I honestly pray that when I am witnessing to people, that I can find means to reach them that will get the idea that I am there for them, and that I am not just preaching, I am listening, and I'm concerned for their soul.

Here's the second part (and it's relavent considering the Olympics just ended)

(v. 25) Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

Why do people have to prove to the world that they are "the best of the best" every 2 years on a global scale, when we, the people who will never be the perfect athlete (speaking of me), will receive a reward that cannot pass away. A medal is cool, I mean yes, people walk away from the Olympics with something to show for it, but when we talk about crowns, now that is something completely different.

As usual, I am up later than I should be, so I am going to bed.
Busy day tomorrow...again! :P

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: