Thursday, March 18, 2010

The 365 Project - Day 64



This has got to be one of my favorite TV shows, and today, I feel like I have questioned my morals by watching it. Tonight's episode contained a scene that should not have been included. Betty's nephew Justin is a fashion-minded, theater nerd kid, and he is a closet-case gay teenager. He has been exploring his sexuality for the past 4 seasons, and tonight, there was a scene with him kissing one of his friends, a boy named Austin. Originally, Justin had said he was interested in this girl named Lily, and even asked for relationship advice from his openly gay mentor/friend, Marc. Homosexuality has become an increasingly invasive issue in today's society, and I wasn't thrilled with how young Justin was and how he is being exposed to this kind of lifestyle. The show itself promises viewers a theme of "be who you are". But when is "be who you are" over the top and completely inappropriate and unnecessary?

I just wanted you to see the picture of the characters in the show (this is from season 2, it's now season 4), since I didn't take a good picture today, and this was what I happened to be watching, and now I am studying for a history test that's almost 2 weeks away. I didn't do so well on my last test, and now I am going to whatever length I can to ensure that I get my degree come May 7th.

FLASHDEVO
2nd Corinthians 9

This chapter strikes a chord with me because it is dealing with Christian service. It's becoming a common idea, not only in Christian circles but in secular ones as well, that when it calls for it, you should be offering of yourself to someone else, to be able to give back. A lot of the times, the secular world has been giving above and beyond what the Christian world could give. I feel proud to say that in our circle of the Southern Baptist Convention, there are areas where people are giving money to help out with people who do not have much of anything. I pray that if you read this, you will feel conviction, and want to give back and serve.

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: