Saturday, March 6, 2010

The 365 Project - Day 53



You know, after today, I feel that someday, I will learn to ski and snowboard. I was at a skiing resort in Indiana called "Perfect North" today...All I did at this place was go snowtubing. This sport is so fast-paced, and it also reminded me of being back home in Florida when I would go on innnertubes on boats. People from my home church, FBC of West Palm Beach, would bring their boats up to camps during the summer and we would ride on the tubes that they pulled with their boats, it was an amazing experience...

This experience was something that I will never forget. When I first went to the park, it felt like I had stepped onto Olympic training grounds, preparing to do a ski-jump or do a half pipe or something. However, considering that I have never done either above mentioned activity (someday though) I stuck to something a little more tame for my taste, and that was snow-tubing. You go down hills covered in snow on an innertube, need I say more? I seriously thought I was doing almost 100 miles per hour. The rush of the wind, the speed, it was an incredible feeling...

FLASHDEVO

1 Corinthians 14

This chapter talks about the uses of Tongues. I really don't get any of the speaking in tongues business. I personally don't believe in practicing it, and also don't know anyone who ever would or has done it before. I think as believers today, it is a very touchy and gray area when it comes to interpreting this. However, there was a verse in this passage that deeply caught my attention...

"Through men of strange tongues
and through the lips of foreigners
I will speak to this people,
but even then they will not listen to me," says the Lord. (1 Cor 14:21)

"This People" I believe to me personally, this is referring to the Japanese. Of course it does, I mean look at my blog title, what could it possibly mean otherwise? I believe in this case that the Japanese are not meant to hear the gospel from the mouths of their own people but by the mouths of outsiders. People who come into their country, and into their world. That has truly been the case, ever since the 1500s when Portuguese Catholics landed there..."Though men of strange tongues and through the lips of foreigners I will speak to this people"

God, I pray a prayer for Japan right now. You are the only one who knows what is best for that proud and ancient people. Give them joy that they have never known, let the mouths of foreigners be the ones that lead them to you O Lord. I pray this in your holy name, Amen!

GRACE AND PEACE AND PRAYERFULLY (a bed to sleep on for those who don't have one)
Because I am off to bed myself...

No comments: