Saturday, March 13, 2010

The 365 Project - Day 58/59





Again, things have been hectic. Today was a midterm day, and if I had to compare the midterm itself to something other than schoolwork, I would say getting a root canal...I seriously just took educated guesses, and did some process of elimination scenarios. I did totally study for the test, it was just a matter of me not knowing what to expect, which clearly was the case here.

And here's the lowdown on the pictures you're seeing.

The first one is of a roller coaster at what was once Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. It's sad to me to hear that some of these theme parks and entertainment mediums are being shut down due to a weak economy. I drove by the park on my way to the Long Run Baptist Association.

The second one was a rare discovery by some scientists in antartica, an entirely black bodied king penguin. I was blown away by this because we can all see that penguins are amazing to look at, but how cool is it to see that there is just one who is totally different from everyone else...

It made me think about how we as believers live our lives. We go day to day, praying that we would be like everyone else, longing for acceptance, trying to be just as the world wants us to be, but in reality, our life is no different than this penguin. We are meant to stick out.

FLASHDEVO

2nd Corinthians 3/4

Honestly I need to become better at posting things, because like I have said before, blogging/pictures/quiet time are all connected for me, and this needs to become a daily occurance for me and that isn't happening. So (since this post will be dated, Saturday AND I have yet to do another post, please bear with me)

Very Important Verse

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Cor. 4:18

When I was reading the verse, it made me think of what it has been like being a Christian. My life isn't meant to be easy, it's meant to teach us how to endure. I have been brought down, made fun of, even been cursed for being a Christian, but that will never stop me from rejoicing through the fact that I have a savior who died for me. I have struggled with the fact that we cannot physically see God, but in reality, that is a good thing. We are so filthy from sins (even after accepting Christ) that our presence will insult God. Deep and serious to think about...

GRACE AND PEACE

No comments: