Friday, March 5, 2010

The 365 Project - Day 52



This was one of the most wild things I have ever eaten in my life. I almost didn't believe I had put it into my mouth and swallowed it until I had. This is what I had for lunch today, FROG LEGS!!!!!!

I took this picture and sent it straightaway to my mom, dad, and older brother. My mom was more shocked at this than my dad, but at least they weren't the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten in my life. I put them in a dish with some cocktail sauce, and when I ate it, it reminded me of being at Johnny's Restaurant on the City Island pier in New York. It was crazy that I ate them nevertheless :P Just don't eat it without the cocktail sauce...

Today I also got to see Alice in Wonderland. I was pleasantly surprised with it. For a Tim Burton movie, it didn't possess all of the creepy elements that a normal Tim Burton movie would have in it, but the character development, mannerisms, and artistic style, they all screamed out saying "Tim Burton made us!!!!" I also saw it in 3D, which made the experience even better. I find it ironic that in the movie, there's a scene with frogs, and I ate frog for lunch. You know that the movie will be incredible if 3 things are true.

1) Tim Burton directs the movie
2) Danny Elfman is the composer
3) It stars Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter

FLASHDEVO
1 Corinthians 13

It's all about Love. I was a little convicted by this chapter to be entirely honest. I haven't been the most loving prson recently. That's really my own fault. People make fun of me often, and I shouldn't even react to it. Yet I still choose to react,(this all happpens here at Bible College, btw) and make a fool of myself in the process. This chapter said "the greatest of these is love" (v. 13). Even though I may not like people for the things they say to me, that doesn't automatically give me the right to say something negative back tot hem. It makes me no less a person then they are. I pray that God will help me see that I must reason with people in love, and not bring them down with negativity.

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: