Saturday, July 31, 2010

God's Gifts and how we use them...



I have to look back in my personal history and think of where all of my desires for writing have come from. I mean, right now, my life is lacking some structure (because I am not in seminary yet) but I will talk about my life as a 7th grader. I was being homeschooled at the time. I wasn't even 13 yet, but I was being taught by my parents. My mom taught English and History, and my dad taught Math and Science. While I was being taught by my mom, we were practicing journaling and we had talked about Anne Frank. My first real journal had a name too, it was "Pluto" (I was in my Sailor Moon phase, and had just started seriously getting into anime at the time) I remember reading her diary and watching the movie that came out in the 1960s. I watched how she had struggled to make her life something even in the midst of oppresion from the Nazis, and I was inspired because of her life. I really started developing a passion to write seriously around 13 or 14. Mostly it was journaling. I wanted to record events in my life, and I feel that it was because of her life that I wanted to see every moment in mine remembered, whether it was something as significant as getting a calling from the Lord to serve in Japan or as small as spending the day in New York City with my family, I would write it down.

Her diary is a master piece because it doesn't leave anything hidden, it tells all. Blogging has become what journaling was for me at 13. I am much better as a writer. Perhaps that is what inspired me to write my book the way that I did. I hope that it will get published and be an inspiration (despite its dark content) I feel I have used God's gift through someone who never had the chance to live her life. Anne Frank and her family that was killed didn't have the opportunity to hear the gospel preached and accept that Jesus was their Messiah. People shouldn't have been robbed of that opportunity, but they were and it was Satan's doing that started such an atrocity.

Pray for those who do not know Jesus yet. I feel that we are running out of time. The world is changing and it won't be too long before the world is too unaccepting of Christ and his sacrifice.

Remember your talents and abilities because God is the one giving them to you.

GRACE AND PEACE

365 Updates and Flashdevos are coming, be patient.

No comments: