Monday, July 26, 2010

The Finale of Summer awaits

Today makes it officially 2 weeks until the summer comes to an end. August 9th marks the very last day that I have down here in Florida. This summer couldn't have been longer. But at the same time, it feels like it was short. I left Kentucky after graduation on May 8th, and spent the summer back home in Florida, traveling with my parents, going to Orlando and to New York. I was able to see 2 plays this summer (Cats and the Lion King), and I have been reading books.

I want to keep reading as much as I possibly can. I feel like I have missed out on a lot of good opportunities, but I will keep reading, even into the school year as often as I can. This is why I am only taking a certain type of things with me to seminary, like my Nintendo DS, and a small amount of movies. I won't even take my Wii or PS2 with me, those are going to be put away for safe-keeping. I want to focus more on my school work, and reading a lot of books, not just for school, but to limit the time I spend watching movies and stuff like that. I have seen people play with video games, I remember walking into apartments on the housing tour and seeing a lot of movies and video games, which is okay, but I would much rather start getting my interests into books that will build me up.

This summer, these are the books I have read:

WHITE by Ted Dekker
GREEN by Ted Dekker

Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. Elliot (poem book that the musical Cats is based off of)

I am trying to go through a lot more books before August 10th, when I leave for Texas, and plus I will have time while I am in Austin to do some more reading.

Overall I have been blessed, I feel blessed tremendously, and i won't let anyone say anything to bring me down. My God is a God who sees all things and sees my heart, I am blessed and I am loved.

I pray that you all enjoy your summer. For my Boyce Readers, I am praying for this coming year of school. Enjoy what is left of your summer.

READ BOOKS! Go to the movies! Do things you wouldn't think you would do!
It is all worth it! The summer doesn't last forever, after all.

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: