Friday, May 7, 2010

Commencement (365 Project Days 114-115)

6 Years of my life have come and gone. I am not the same person anymore. 6 years ago, I didn't have the same goals, the same vision in my life as I do now. I wouldn't have been blogging on anything, that's for sure. I was more concerned with impressing people, and would not have been focusing on what God wanted for my life. That slowly but surely changed as I matured as a man, and God shaped me into his man. That's the only thing I know to be true right now. God took me, and shaped me into something to be used for his Glory, and that's the only way I would ever see my life. Someone who could be used as an instrument for God's glory.

Here is the picture for DAY 115, my graduation!




I was so overwhelmed today by the sense of love and appreciation. My party was amazing. We went to Mitchell's, my family's favorite seafood restaurant, and while we were there eating, my friend Jeremy was our server. He went and made special menus for my party that said "Congrats Joel" on them. The fact that he went out of his way to do this for me was so special, and it made me feel even more love and appeciation.

The next picture was from Thursday night, after dinner, my brother and dad went with me to meet the Ferraras at Starbucks. The one that all the seminary people end up going to...The sun had just set and the sky was changing from orange to blue, and the color behind the iluminated Starbucks logo was perfect, so here it is so you can see...



FLASHDEVO
Nehemiah 10-11

As the book draws to a close, I had to decide what I was going to read next, and with that in mind, I plow through the remaining chapters of Nehemiah.

As the people begin to rebuild the city, the people are beginning to set into motion a new set of rules. The rules of the priests and the receipt of tithes. There were certain standards that had to be upheld with the people. This all had to do with the Levites and the fact that they were the ones responsible for the wellbeing and upholding of the people of Israel, and these experiences were vital for shaping who the people would become later on in history.

GRACE AND PEACE, I'M TIRED AND NEED TO BE UP TOMORROW.
Driving tomorrow. Making the last trip from Louisville to West Palm Beach...

No comments: