Thursday, May 20, 2010

The 365 Project - Dat 127



This is the typical scene in Florida during the summer. The dark clouds that seem to usher in the end of the world, but it passes in a matter of hours. Everyday between May and August, the rain seems to come at 3pm and lasts until about 5 or 6, depending on the condition of the weather. It's not like the poor people in the Midwest experiencing the massive tornado outbreaks. I took this picture on my way out today. This is just the entrance of my neighborhood.

I am looking forward to getting some really nice pictures this summer as I will be traveling and be able to get pictures of places other than Florida. At least I have been doing my best to get pictures with my phone as opposed to finding pictures on the internet to use.

FLASHDEVO
1st Samuel 8/9

At this point, Israel has grown tired of not having a ruler, and they are looking for someone to blame, and it seems like Samuel is that person. The people of Israel say to him that they want a ruler who will help them, and even after Samuel tells them that the people will have to give the King a chunk of their possessions, they still cry out "give us a King" and the interesting thing is that Samuel gives the people a King from the most mediocre tribe of Israel. The tribe of Benjamin is small, and this is where Saul came out of. He is picked by God, and was revealed by Samuel. The chapter ends with Samuel telling Saul to stay a while with him, for he was going to relay a message from God to him.

GRACE AND PEACE
(Day 128 will be later tonight)

No comments: