Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The 365 Project - Day 119



As I go along with the days here in South Florida, there are more opportunities to get a change of scenery in my pictures. When I first saw the fruits on this tree outside of Chosen People Ministries' office, I was reminded of a scene in Avatar. Jake Sully had just gotten linked to the avatar body, and was outside the base, and tasted a fruit off a tree. The fruits looked so exotic I thought I was on Pandora :P, they are called Loquats. They grow in Asia and Central America. If I had to describe the taste, it is almost like a peach/plum hybrid with really big seeds. The seeds are beautiful, they look almost like the gemstone "tiger's eye" a really dark color with gold stripes and shiny. Really weird if you ask me. If you ever see the tree, you should pick it. I need to remember to bring my camera because I found a Chameleon in the tree, and if i could have gotten closer to him, you would have seen him in this blog as opposed to the fruit...

FLASHDEVO AND SPURGEON-ADVICE

Okay, so again I changed the name of my devotional section, but I haven't kept up with that devotional in a few months, so I will do my best to keep up this time. I don't want to get into this bad habit, but I fear I am already developing them. I should have been asleep at 11pm, but now it's almost 12.

FLASHDEVO

Intro to 1st Samuel 1...

In this chapter we meet Hannah, a woman who is desperately seeking to have children, and she cries out to God that if she were to have a son, she would give that son to the Lord to serve him for all of his days. That boy, Samuel, grows up to be the man who finds Israel's most famous king, David. So how's that for God using someone because someone asked of the Lord and they received it. If you think that your prayer request isn't enough for the Lord, think again. Anything you ask of the Lord, there is always his two answers, yes or no. Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding.

SPURGEON-ADVICE

It feels great to reconnect with my MORNING AND EVENING devotional. My older brother is reading one by John Piper called TASTE AND SEE...I may look at it, but for now, I am really enjoying what I read. This was in the evening page for May 11th, and I wanted you to take away from Spurgeon's writings tonight to dwell on these words...

"It was a law of Ahasuerus that no one should come into the king's court dressed in mourning: this is not the law of the King of kings, for we may come mourning as we are; but still He would have us put off the spirit of heaviness, and put on the garment of praise, for there is much reason to rejoice. The Christian man ought to be of a courageous spirit, in order that he may glorify the Lord by enduring trials in an heroic manner"

I had to really think about the courageous spirit part, because I had to deal with the issues of having a heart attack and being brought down to my humblest moment in life because God is growing me and using me, and to have a courageous spirit means I accept what cannot be changed and rejoice knowing I can still change the course that my life is going. Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say rejoice!!!!!

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: