Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Needing my Jehovah Jireh now!!!!

Today is a day where I just wanted to pull back and scream. I have to keep being positive, keep being positive, I say to myself over and over again. I am in school, and to be frank, it is amazing. A professor said a few days ago that we have the blessing and privilege to come to this institution and learn about the Gospel, learn about theology, learn about what God’s will is for each and every one of us, and there are people in the world who cannot afford this blessing. I put myself in my place very quickly. Yes, I don’t have a job yet, and my expectations about what would happen in the first few weeks of seminary weren’t what I wanted it to be, but reality is: WHO CARES? Life is an unexpected adventure and we have to take things as they come. Yes, I am frustrated beyond all compare right now. I don’t have a job. To be technical, I have not “worked” since November of 2008. But I have had everything I need. Right now, I feel that I am being oppressed because all I can see is negative. Okay, to be frank, I am for the most part a pessimistic person because instead of seeing the God-Given good, I immediately want to see the bad in things. This is pure demonic thinking. Because even though I may not have a job; I have a roof over my head, I have Salvation in Jesus and I have a working car. Lord, I pray for your sustaining grace to be put into my life reminding me of the things that I do have, and I pray for you to provide the things that I don’t have this day.

Remember me in your prayers today, I can really use them.
GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: