Thursday, August 26, 2010

I have reached a little more than a week now...

It's official. My life as a Southwesterner is taking off. I have spent just about a full week of being in classes, getting used to the swing of things here, and I am proud to say, I am in a routine. I was waiting for that to happen for the longest time. I was happy with a bunch of experiences I had today, I will have to list them out for you.

#1) My missionary moment (Psalms class)

My teacher Dr. Klein, asks all of the students to pray for a specific missionary, and today was my turn to share, so I mention my own parents during class, and there ministry with Chosen People Ministries. Dr. Klein speaks up and mentions that he knows someone from our ministry that I have known since I was 2 years old. That is encouraging to realize that I have come to a place where I have more connections than I possibly realize.

#2) The Wall of Honor (in the hall way)

I am fascinated by history, and while I was walking up a flight of stairs after class, I come across a huge wooden plaque with the names of students that served in the military during World War II. I felt it an extreme honor and a privelage to have seen that plaque. Knowing that people served our country and because of their efforts uncovered the truth of the horrors of war. I am honored to be in the same school where veterans have walked, served our country, and grew in the ministry.

#3 Missiology class

Another connection moment, I have to stop and think to myself, God why are you being so good to me, and bringing all of these random connections to me. We had a guest speaker in my class, he was serving as a missionary in Southeast Asia, and I found out from him that his son was on a missions trip in Tokyo the summer I served there. I cannot believe what God is doing, he is connecting me with all of these people, most of whom I have never met in my life, all for the reason of seeing how very not alone I am.

Rejoice for the little things you experience in the day to day.

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: