Monday, June 28, 2010

The 80s and their great Movies...




I only lived through 5 years of the 80s and I barely remember any of those years. In the years that followed, I was exposed to the media that was the 80s. Especially Ghostbusters, that was one of my most favorite movies. I remember watching the Oscars this one year, I believe it was right after 9/11, and the theme for this one clip was movies filmed in New York, and the opening scene was the picture. The Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man, stomping around New York City after one of the Ghostbusters summoned their "destructor" from the weird temple on top of a Central Park West apartment building. In the 80s Special effects weren't the greatest, but I'm sure you could imagine what it had to look like to people. It was something never seen before.

Now for the other picture...

The A-Team! I only know of the show because of a parody that was done on Family Guy, but last night, I went to see the movie with one of my close friends and brother-in-law. My older brother Brian told me that he watched the show when he was a kid. I don't remember watching A-Team, I mean I watched Power Rangers, Ducktales, and ER...

Here is just a picture of the original cast, since I couldn't find a picture of the newer one.

The movie was great, the action in it, the storyline, the comedic scenes, there was just so much to it. I enjoyed myself when I saw it...

I know this isn't what I normally do for my pictures and blog posts, but I thought it would be nice to change things up a little bit. I am home on certain days of the week, so I want to make good use of my time to talk about how my life is going, and what I will do in the future, so I want to talk about how I am doing...

No comments: