Saturday, January 2, 2010

A new decade begins...a new season of ministry too...

Okay, so it's officially 2010. Ten years ago, I was sitting in the living room with my mom and dad, 14 years old, thinking the world was going to end because of that Y2K thing....Now look at society, everything is on the internet, we can share pictures, videos, and all othr stuff too. If you had told me ten years ago, I would know over 1000 people on Facebook, typing a blog, I wouldn't know what in the world you were talking about (but probably would have wanted to know more). Now it seems like my life is going to go beyond anything I could have ever imagined. Now I'm getting ready to cross over into the REAL WORLD. College is seriously just a bubble. People can choose not to go to college and just get a job, but I decided I still had plenty that i needed to learn, so I went through and spent the last 6 years of my life trying to figure out what i was supposed to do. Here's what it boils down to...

A few days ago, I heard from Makoto Onozuka, (one of my friends in Japan). I spent part of the summer getting to know him at his university, spending time having lunch and getting to know him. I had sent Makoto a Christmas card, telling him about the gospel inside it, and he told me that he was "considering" what it said. I inspired him to think about Jesus. I was getting through to a devout Buddhist. That was inspiring to me, even after all of the time I have spent being away from my beloved Japan, I am still making a difference. Please keep Makoto in prayer.

Now then, about me. I still have a long way to go, and I need to start seriously losing weight. I have to make myself right and get my body into a good state in order to journey back to Japan, and I am hoping that this year, 2010, is the year that I make this change and I do what I have always planned to do.

And with that, I'm out. (I will write again this week)
PEACE!

No comments: