Thursday, January 14, 2010

The 365 Project - Day 2


Day 2 : Pasta Fagiloi - This is an Italian dish, my mom makes this a lot, and so does my aunt. I have had this dish ever since I was a kid. I thought it would be a good idea to start taking pictures of food. I am currently watching a movie, Julie and Julia...

Julie Powell started a blog about going through Julia Child's cookbook, cooking 524 recipes in 365 days. I won't be doing all of that, cooking something each day for a year...

So I decided that I would actually place the pictures in the entries of the blog itself. I had way too much trouble posting them to Facebook, so I thought I would keep things seperate for once. This is a first for me, because I am so used to having my photo albums on Facebook, but here's the reality. You'll see the picture I've added to the blog when I post the link on my profile page. So I basically just contradicted myself :P

I am enjoying this movie. Cooking is a big hobby of mine and it would be simply great to do what Julie Powell did. Someday that would be wild to try. However, I wouldn't exactly copy the same idea as Julie Powell, I would choose one of my favorite chefs like Bobby Flay or Ina Garten. Let's also be honest for a second, I wouldn't seriously try that, maybe a couple or so, because there would be way too much criticism and people would be thinking, "Wow, you totally ripped this off from Julie Powell's book" which totally wouldn't be true, but people would still think it anyway. Oh well...

No FLASHDEVO to report today I'm afraid.

Look for my next entry tomorrow.

PEACE!

No comments: