Friday, December 18, 2009

Why we go to the movies...

Okay, I know that's an interesting title, but when you hear the reason why I chose it, you'll understand. Once in a great while, there comes a movie so incredibly well-done, we have to hear all we can about it. Tonight I got to see such a movie, the likes of which was something I could have never imagined. I went with my family to go see AVATAR. It was made by James Cameron, the same person who made Titanic. I at first thought it was going to be a cheesy over-the-top sci fi flick, but it turned out to be so much more than that. I have never, in my life, seen a movie with such incredible visual effects. It was truly a spectacle. It is the kind of movie that you have to sit through with a bucket of popcorn and a soda to get the full effect, and luckily, this was that movie for me. Last year, the biggest movie of the year was Dark Knight (2008), this year (2009) it's a tie between Star Trek and AVATAR. Although, when the awards come out, I'm really sure that AVATAR will be the movie that beats everything to a bloody pulp. If you ever want to know what it's like to be on a drug trip without the drugs, then go see this movie. It will help you see why it is that we choose to go the movies in the first place...

No comments: