Monday, December 27, 2010

Inspiration from C.S. Lewis

Here's the start of something new for you all who care to read my blog. I am alled to the mission field, and I spent 4 years at a really good college, learning all I could about ministry, the word of God, and now there's this profound, deep longing in me to take everything I've ever known and go even deeper. I am at a higher level of education and I am striving to do better at what I am doing because it is expected of me.

As the year comes to a close, I have to think seriously about what my commitments for the month will be. I have that read-the-bible in a year plan lying around my dorm room somewhere. I will be making a huge list of commitments to myself, especially in my spiritual life. I have to want these desires to be in my life, especially being a minister.

Here is what I wanted you to see...this is from the Chronicles of Narnia

"But you shall meet me there, dear one," said Aslan. "Are - you there too, Sir?" said Edmund. "I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there." - The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis

When you see "know me" obviously Lewis was referring to Christ in the most profound way.The readers are being shown that Christ has revealed himself in another form. Hearing from my own father (a preacher and teacher of God's word) mention about God in the Chronicles of Narnia was a big deal to me. He was explaining to me about the inclusion of the spirit world in THE LION, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE. The lion obviously represents Christ, and the witch is satan...so you see a great amount of allegory in the book.

Narnia is full of this. Look for the Lord in the books and you are sure to find Him there. The imagery of God's presence is everywhere in those books, and i totally plan to read them again, when i depart for the mission field in July to return to Thailand.

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: