Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Arrival in Paradise

Here I am. South Florida. I have spent 12 years of my life living here on and off. Of those years, 4 1/2 of them have been spent living elsewhere. I was in college, and now I just finished a semester of seminary. I don't feel at home here anymore. Everyone I was close with, friends I have kept up with over the years, a lot of them have moved on. In fact, I was at the home of a family I know from back home, they moved to Alabama about 4 years ago, and I was hearing everything they have been doing, and keeping up with them, they have moved on too. Paradise isn't so much a paradise anymore. No matter how much wishing you do, nothing will ever move backwards, it always has to move forward. I look around, and I am starting to feel refreshed because this is home and your family is here, that's truly paradise all in itself.

Merry Merry Christmas.

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: