Monday, September 27, 2010

“The Asia Chronicles” – blog post 3

It really is a big accomplishment when you can say that you’ve finished reading a book, and especially when that book is written by one of the most well-known fiction writers around. I started reading “The Firm” by John Grisham at the end of the summer (I brought it in the car with me on the drive from Florida to Texas) and throughout the so-far semester, have been finding it in me to sit and read books for fun. That is just ludicrous for me, since there is so much that has to be done this semester, but I am just way too nerdy not to do it.

The Firm tells the story of Mitch McDeere, a Harvard Law graduate who gets hired by a very shady law firm in Memphis, Tennessee. Everything in the law firm is exactly what Mitch and his wife Abby have dreamed of, they get a house, a new car, promises for a great financial future, and yet they don’t know the horrible lengths the firm will go to keep their lawyers involved. I can’t ruin the book for you, but read the book and see for yourself.

Now as for my membership class at Southcliff, it went very well. I am excited to see where this year of school will take me now that I am officially a member of a church again. I say again because of the weird place of being in limbo I have felt for the past year and a half. God closed a door for me back home in Florida. Aside from being where my parents, sister, and grandmother live, I literally have nothing left there anymore. So when I joined up with this church tonight (having been through the almost 3-hour long class) I could see I have developed into almost like a family again. I am beginning to make friends, and develop a place where I feel comfortable. I haven’t had that since I left First Baptist to go to Boyce, and that was back in 2006. I knew my life had changed for good then, and when I was here at the church tonight, and I joined up, bringing my full membership over, and it was like the official fresh start mentality had kicked in for me, and this has become my new life.

The Asia Chronicles basically was a whole “fresh start” piece I wanted to express. I changed the style and layout of my blog, I wanted to make it seem like it was something different, and I expressed where I currently feel God is leading me, and now you can see what to expect from now on.

Tomorrow I am concluding a 4 month journey through the Old Testament in my quiet time, and will begin a 3-book study done by the world’s most famous doctor, Luke.

My FLASHDEVO schedule will look like this…

• Tomorrow (the 27th) → Finishing Ecclesiasties
o You can expect to see a long follow up closure piece on it.
• Gospel of Luke
• Acts
• Hebrews (basing this off the possibility that Luke could be the author)


And like I have said before, the 365 Project will be retooled, since it was something that was already done, and it needs to have a fresh look and something different, so I am considering what that will be. I am giving myself until October 1st (and then I will start a new journey) More than likely, I can tell you that it will in fact be a year-long playlist on my iPod, in which I shuffle a playlist with 365 songs, and each day get a new song…

Better Days are yet to Come…
(my new closing remark)

No comments: