Monday, September 13, 2010

9 years later (an update that should have been sooner)



This was one of the most eerie pictures I have ever seen in my life, but the concept of it is so powerful. 9 years have come and gone since that fateful day, September 11th, 2001. I was 15, and in 10th grade at the time. I remember watching the buildings colapse, and the horror/realization that our country would never be the same again, and truly, that has become the case. The world has become a truly different place.

I am sorry that there haven't been any posts recently, but I had to sort out my priorities and school does come first. I worked so hard last night at getting reading done, and that was an important thing for me to get a grasp on. But I will at least give you this update that I think everyone has been hoping I'd give you. This will be on Facebook within 5 minutes anyway.

*About the 365 Project...I won't be posting those pictures on the blog anymore. You will find the pictures on Facebook in a last album on January 14th, 2011. So be on the lookout for those, since there will be a whole lot of pictures to be seen that day.

FLASHDEVO - A whole new chapter.

*Okay, this will conclude a certain series of books, I read through Lamentations, and i wrote down my thoughts on that in a journal, so I am now in Ecclesiastes , and will finish that up. Then the quiet time cycle will start all over again.

Ecclesiastes 1 and Psalms 119:113-128

I had done a series of quiet times before on Psalms 119, but I wanted to refresh myself on those passages. I have been jumping around like crazy with my journals, since there are a number of classes that I have to be writing for, and I haven't had a chance to update this.

But in this passage, there was a verse that stuck out to me. Psalm 119:124 - Deal with your servant according to your love. When I read that verse, I am instantaneously reminded of our sins. God deals with each person the same way, by extending his sacrifice of Jesus' life for ours. So it can be interpreted differently for each person, but I feel that it all leads to the saem thing, and that's the redemption through the blood of the lamb.

Now, the next book, Ecclesiastes; I have gone through several hundred years of traditions and history. Nehemiah, 1st and 2nd Samuel, 1st and 2nd Kings, Lamentations, and now Ecclesiastes. I have seen the rise and fall of kings, and their cries out to God for help in time of trouble, and their extreme sorrow during their captivity, but this book has jumped back into the time of Solomon.

This passage (chapter 1) reminded me of Japan, and in many ways the cultural history of winds blowing to the north and the south. Japanese culture gives so much emphasis to nature, and the worship of nature, and yet, they don't know Christ. I have met many missionaries this week who readily go out and reach people to tell them about the one who makes the winds blow to the north and south. Be in prayer for these people today.

Blessings.

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: