Sunday, March 15, 2009

Shadowlands

I am listening to the soundtrack to the Lion King play, and I am finding myself in the extraordinary postiton of being on the verge of tears. The people who designed this play are geniuses. They used the music from the movie and turned it into songs. I have never heard something so beautiful in all my life. It reminds me of the price I have to pay for my journey onto the mission field. I am leaving my family behind and I am taking a bold step, not knowing where I'll be going or what I'll be doing.

The song "Shadowlands" talks about Nala, Simba's wife in the Lion King who decides to go look for help after her homeland has been destroyed by the mindless rule of Scar. She was taking a chance leaving the pride behind, and going out into the great unknown. I mean, would help had even been there for her?

I feel like that now. I need the help and I have to travel to find it. I can't just sit still and hope that help comes, I need to be leaving to help myself. If I stay here, then I will surely die. I can't stay in the Shadowlands, I have to leave and find help and help myself. It feels like a struggle for me, fighting off all of these doubts and running towards truth.

I encourage you all to be like Nala and run away. Run from the traps of sin, and the lies that Satan is feeding into your head, and look for help. You have to seek help. You need to run and look. It's the only way you can survive.

No comments: