Thursday, April 2, 2009

Having a lack of Righteousness

Tonight was the first time in a few weeks that I actually went to a Wednesday night service at my Louisville church (Valley View church). I sat down to listen to Pastor Joel speak. He was going through a series on Spiritual Warfare, and a chance for people to defend themselves from evil attacks. It's a funny and often times mind-boggling thought about how we as mortal beings are caught up in the middle of a war that we cannot see. If we were able to see into the Spirit World, we would probably be so afraid of the thinsg that we see.But what my pastor spoke of is what got to me the most. We have to seriously be praying for God to make us righteous when we are lacking in righteousness. I need that righteousness daily. I need to be renewed daily. If you don't take the time to ask God for renewal daily, then you have a lack of wisdom. You are truly a fool if you do not take the time to say: "God, I don't have it in me to go on, but only you can carry me when I can't walk anymore. Please Father, carry me now!" that is what we need to do the most in our lives. We have to take the time to say, God Carry Me! I need you to hold me up. Because sometimes, even when things seem like they are all okay, we need God to carry us.

No comments: