Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Stateside, for now....

Okay, so I guess I never had the chance to update on the experiences in Japan. It has been almost 2 weeks since I have been back in the US, and I am finding my adjustment to be well. Since the last time I blogged, I was able to climb Mt. Fuji, and I finally had a second Volunteer team that came into Japan.

Here's how my re-entry experience looked:

August 6th

I was up at 9:30am. I made some last minute SKYPE calls on my Mac, and then left the Shibuya apartment for the train station, carrying 2 suitcases, a duffel bag, and a backpack. It took me a good half hour to get the the station, but I was able to get onboard the Yamanote line to Nippori, and waited there for my airport train. Thank God nothing went wrong with my flights back to Louisville. So I left Japan at 5:45pm on Thursday, and landed 7:05pm on Thursday in Louisville. TOO CRAZY!!!!!

I got to see my parents again, and spent the weekend with them before school started on Monday August 10th. I had a lot of culture shock when I had a look at some American money, as well as going to the movies for less than 1500 yen on Friday night to see GI JOE (which was great by the way). Now I am in my 4th year at Boyce, with a decision to make, as the class load gets less, and the ideas for the future are laid out in front of me. I have 3 ideas of what I want to do.

1) Southwestern Seminary in Ft. Worth, Texas

2) The Nehemiah Project (NAMB) possibly in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

3) The Journeyman (IMB), to return to Tokyo

It is all up to the Lord now, so I will just have to see how this year plays out. I am so happy to finally say that I have a job, and will begin work there this Friday afternoon. Cold Stone Creamery, the ice cream company. I am so happy that the manager there hired me. It is a great challenge for me to manage my time as a college student as well as working at a job. I still have a lot of reading to get caught up on, but I will keep you updated as the time goes on, since I am back and have a lot more time to keep up with blogs and stuff.

PEACE!

No comments: