Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Beginning...

Okay here it goes. I know I have a MySpace and everything, but I want to have a specific blog to deal with my ideas of doing ministry. I haven't had much chance to talk about what I want to do with my life as far as ministry is concerned, but here's how I see it.

God has given me a desire higher than anything I could ever attest to. I want to move to Japan. I love Japanese people. I love their culture, I love the country, and I am heart broken for their lostness. Because of the very bizarre religious practices of Japan, there aren't many believers in the country. Less than 1% of all the people in Japan are evangelical Christians. That's why there is such a great need for the people there. There needs to be people to come into the country who have the desire to see people come to Christ.

This is why I want to devote my life to the Lord in Japan. I will be heading over to Japan in the summer of 2009, to work as an intern for the International Mission Board. This blog will be around to tell people about what I'm doing with my life for the Lord, and to give people ideas about how to practice ministry in a way that will win people to Christ.

No comments: