Saturday, May 19, 2012

Food for Thought...

It is one of those times where I have to think about the way that God hss blessed me. It's just a thing that i have to get out of my head this morning, so bear with me. Last night was the first "Movie Night" of the summer that Donna and I planned to have at our house. My friend Rob was having us over at his house a few times during the Fall 2011/Spring 2012 semesters, so we sort of decided to reciprocate. He had come up with the plan to watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy, so what did I come up with? The Batman movies. I mean really, we didn't have any inclination to do any sort of superhero movie series before, so it was a good thing that we had come up with the plan to host people at our house, watch movies, play games, do all sorts of things that rejoice in our freedom from the chains of seminary (so to speak) We had about 7 people (including myself) come over and we watched BATMAN BEGINS, and I cooked dinner. I had made my famous Lemon stuffed Chicken with croutons. Well, not necessarily my famous, but Ina Garten made famous. I had watched her cook this dish before on Barefoot Contessa through a YouTube video actually and came up with the idea to try it, and lo and behold, this dish was an absolute success. I think in a way, my greatest talent, my greatest ability and spiritual gift to grow the kingdom is Hospitality. I think my love of food has helped me get to where I am now in ministry. I have built more relationships here in seminary because of the ability and passion I have for cooking. I mean how many people can say that they met their wife or husband because of something they cooked. I cooked that Chicken dish for my wife before we had even started dating and because of it, our relationship got off the ground. I will do cooking for the both of us from time to time, and I want to keep it that way for the rest of my life if at all possible. Even when we finally get sent to the Mission Field, I will be having people over at our home to share the gospel with them, and to cook for them. It will just be one of those great things. I really have to get into better habits of blogging. I have that "Lone Star State Summer" sheet I have to live up to and I honestly feel it needs to be better. I will of course have to start studying Hebrew pretty soon. for now... GRACE AND PEACE -Joel Psalm 37:4

No comments: