Thursday, February 9, 2012

What it means to be a Friend



You may be thinking…why is there a picture from Digimon on my blog? Okay, first off, don’t knock anime! I lived in Japan and grew to love that culture, so I had to relate this to what I am dealing with right now in the most profound, Aspbergers related way possible.

This is Matt, one of the Digidestined kids from seasons 1 and 2 of Digimon with his Digimon partner, Gabumon. Matt was the Digidestined who carries the Crest of Friendship. Right now I feel like I am meant to carry that crest, and I will explain.

Back in September, I had that massive fallout (That I created) with my old church. I was selfish, and I was dumb. I didn't want to take to heart what people were telling me, I just wanted to do things my way; no matter what happened, it was always, always, always about me. But still, after I got back from the event where the fallout happened, one by one, I sat down with 3 of my closest friends in seminary and heard from each of them what God should do in me, and I started to break through what was happening in my life.

As time went on, I realized what I had done and spent months and months and months wishing I could go back and relive my life through that point over a million and one ways. But I couldn't.

I still have trouble with friendships because of my Aspbergers, but I don't let it slow me down, I just keep learning how to live life. Friends to me had to have this in them to be my friends. We always had to be hanging out. I know, its unrealistic, but still I feel that way about people and I just keep on going by hoping that they'd understand how i feel, but then I came to the conclusion (like a few weeks ago) that I have to be silent in some circumstances. There are things I said, things I did to my friends, and I know that God has forgiven me of those things, but I pray that if they read this, they see how sorry I am, and hope that they forgive me for any wrong I have caused them.

Now, this past week, I heard of hurts in my friends' lives, and I finally got a deeper sense of what it means to have the Crest of Friendship. You have to be there for them too. Friendship is such a serious matter, take it seriously, and learn to back off every once in a while, hanging out or not, have faith in your friends, because Christ gave you life, and you live your life with them by your side. And if Christ is in them too, then you have eternal friendships, because you will walk side by side next to the savior on the other side of glory.

*Experimenting with a new closing statement...

GRAB THE KNIFE, SPREAD THE CREAM CHEESE, EAT IT UP, GRACE AND PEACE!
-Joel

I'll post this a few times just to see how I feel about it.

No comments: