Saturday, October 10, 2009

Autumn Pallet

I am back in the Southend of Louisville doing this ministry for my internship. The fact that a certain amount of people come around is both a discouragement and an encouragement. There aren't always the greatest amounts of people that come here, but I still have plenty of opportunity to meet people and to talk about the gospel (should the conversation get started). So I am praying taht today is the day I get some people interested in me, and will be able to share Christ in a very productive and non-offensive way.

One of the best things that happens in October is the change of seasons. I was driving from my dorm (in the St. Matthews area) all the way down to Valley Station (the South End). The drive on the Gene Synder Freeway is just breathtaking. The leaves still sort of have a greenish color to them, but then there's the select few which have the leaves that have changes to either a golden yellow or a bright red. I understand how God just wants to have a little fun when he created the universe, because you can tell that he doesn't do this for any other reason than for his own glory. When you look at the leaves changing colors, you can honestly say TO GOD BE THE GLORY. Chris Tomlin wrote in the song "Indescribable" (from the colors of fall, to the fragerance of spring). I also have to remember that despite my circumstances of not having a lot of money to my name, God is in control! I did have money but when you have things you need to buy like new wiper blades, some vitamins, and for dry cleaners, but that all seriously adds up. So now I am just waiting on God to prove himself faithful to me. At least I don't have to worry about finding something to eat tomorrow, since I have a coupon for TGI Fridays...I should be able to get a hamburger because of it.

I was driving down, and I saw a sight I haven't seen in years, a redtail hawk. I keep forgetting how common they are, but it is always really cool to see them sitting on top of light posts or something like that. But its a reminder of God's creation is at work, and it's moving and living and breathing. God is still actively involved with his creation, and I am so blessed to say that I could see it in action today.

I will be around doing internet and meeting people, so those of you from LifeSong or from Boyce, please come out to the Pie Pantry on Dixie, I will be here...

No comments: