Friday, September 18, 2009

Inspiration from unlikely sources...

Okay, today I feel a lot like Ugly Betty. It is slowly becoming one of my favorite TV shows, and for good reason. Betty has aspiration. She doesn't take no for an answer (most of the time) and she starts making people notice her. That is what I am trying to do while I am here doing ministry. I want to get noticed. I want to be able to say that I was willing to do great things to achieve goals I was hoping to get to. This internship is one of those steps that will lead me into a bigger career, and I am still in the middle of writing that book, "I want it done before I graduate from Boyce" I always told myself, and now here I sit with only 7 months to go before I actually do graduate from College, and I am praying that will the nature of my older brother being a painter, I can become a writer and get my book out in the open. I only entered a few poems and short stories into contests, but this is the big leagues. I'm talking about writing a book here, not writing some short story that only a handful of people will see. I want to be able to say, I did this. I started something and I finished it...

No comments: