Friday, July 13, 2012

What does it mean to be "Blessed"

In a lot of Christian circles these days, we hear this statement in response to "how are you"...I AM BLESSED. Often times, I am not sure many people are really aware of the severity of that statement, how blessed we truly are, how blessed we are to have everything we possibly need to have provided for us. We live in the United States, (well the writer of this post does anyway), so why is it that we cannot simply make that answer to people. WE ARE BLESSED.

Blessed in the sense that we have our needs met every single day we walk out the doors of our home, work our 9-5 jobs, etc. Blessed that we don't have diseases, blessed that we have the resources that not everyone has, and we should be sharing it with others.

I may not be one of the most intelligent people on the planet, I certainly to strive to be eloquant with my speech (I probably mispelt that word, and that one too) but I do wish to make this point about being blessed.

We do take it for granted a lot of the time. What we have I mean. We complain about the smallest things and I know I am certainly guilty of this. I have an ungratefully selfish heart and I need to ask for God's forgiveness daily in this matter. I wish to be more grateful daily, and if I had the means to do it, I would give back to people who don't have anything to say that they are blessed.

May we ALL BE BLESSED.

GRACE AND PEACE!

-Joel
Psalm 37:4

No comments: