Sunday, June 12, 2011

Behind the Music: Running Just to Catch Myself



Okay, here's the story behind one of my absolute favorite songs of all time. In 2004, I had just graduated from high school, and driving back and forth from church, my job at Chick-Fil-A, and to my first year of college at Palm Beach Community College. Music really was my life back in those times. I remember hearing the song "Letters from War" on WAY FM (the local radio station), and then I wanted to get Mark Schultz album that the song was on. So I take it upon myself to buy it. I remember switching through the songs and heard at the start of one of the songs a 2 note chord. It was loud, and I couldn't handle it at first. But then as time went on, I kept hearing it and hearing it, and soon enough, I found myself blasting the song the whole way back and forth everywhere I went. As time went on, I memorized the words, and then i found myself making videos with it, some of which are still up, and then eventually it found its way to my cellphone as a ringtone, it was awesome.

That song basically describes my life entirely, and I couldn't imagine any mixtape or iPod that doesn't have the song on it.

No comments: