Wednesday, November 17, 2010

7 Months of God's Goodness



For those of you who don't realize why the 17th of November is a significant day in my life, let me explain: on April 17th, 2010, I had my heart attack and was hospitalized in Louisville, KY as a result. God has brought my life to a wonderfully blessed place. I would like you to get an idea of how far I have come.

The picture on the left was taken in September of 2008. I weighed over 300 pounds. I had no desire to change my life for any reason. I simply did not care about anything.

Over a year later, I am in my senior year of college, getting ready to make a transition into seminary, and God took control of my life. He took my very life itself and hung it in the balance between life and death. I didn't realize that having something taken away from me would change my life forever. The picture on the left was taken on Halloween of this year, some 50 pounds of weight loss later.

I started to take my life seriously, my health, everything that would glorify God, I had to realize that life itself is a gift that only God can give us. When we look at our lives, what has transpired, we must say to God, you have redeemed me, you have given your son as a gift to save our lives from the fires of hell.

We need tp be in a constant state of rejoicing in the life that we do have, rather than trying to achieve the life that we WANT to have. Believe me when I say that I have been there, when I have said to God, I wanted so much more for myself, but you have the greatest desire of all for me, God help me to see that your ways are perfect, and are higher than mine.

I have spent the entire semester, wondering what God has in mind for me. I don't think at the present time I will learn what that is, but God has something incredible just waiting for me, and I have to trust that in time, he will reveal everything to me.

Lord I pray for patience, and clarity, that you would give me the desires of my heart, and that your will for my life would start to be revealed. If it is not the right time Lord, comfort my heart and teach me to trust only in you, for that is where my happiness lies. I trust in you Lord, All the Days of my Life.

AMEN.

GRACE AND PEACE!

No comments: