Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Aspbergers Awareness

With less than 3 months to go before the big day, things are swirling around in my head of how to handle life in general, especially social interactions with others around me. I have so many questions about how to do things differently from what i have been doing, but as I start to gather these answers, I am left in more confusion and shock. But my answers are coming. This is all about me, the dude with aspbergers syndrome.

For the longest time, I have learned how to interact socially, and sometimes i fail at how i interact because I don't know what to say, and will come up with inappropriate responses to people. I try to be funny, but the truth is, I am scared, scared of how to interact with others around me, because I don't know what to say to people or what to do, it is just tough for me to react.

Large crowds are a problem, because I am constantly thinking of how to respond to people's comments, and to react to jokes and statements, It is an overwhelming, stressful situation. Large crowds make me stressed out because I am forced to interact. I wonder if a lot of the problems i have created for myself stem out of large crowds and being in these situations. Overhwleming social interactions can cause problems for those people who have Aspbergers syndrome, but I am 25 years old, how long with this excuse be able to played before people so they can think that I can get away with my problems, I don't know what to do. God give me strength, grant me the serenity...to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things that I can change, and the wisdom to know the difference.

No comments: