Tuesday, August 5, 2008

City Nights

Tonight had to be one of the most enjoyable for me. I was walking with a group of friends in downtown Louisville on the Waterfront. It is absoultely amazing at night because the view of the city is fantastic. I've missed that. I grew up near one of the biggest cities in the world, and now I find myself longing for that life over and over and over again. It's another indication of what is inevitably to come in my life, moving to Tokyo. I have the persona of a city slicker, and I am very proud of it. Seeing bright lights of a city is a relaxing image to me.

I am back in my dorm and thinking to myself how overwhelming things are going to be this semester. But then I stopped and realized how much faith I have that God will see me through. God has held my hand these past 2 years of school, and I don't think that he is going to stop anytime soon. That is why he is God. He is behind me in everything I do, and he stands by me when I am falling, when I am no good. That's what makes him the amazing father that he is. He is the daddy that picks us up and puts us on his shoulders when we can no longer stand. I am leaning on that knowledge, so I can face this semester without fear.

No comments: